Sunday 23 October 2022

Frizzell D’Souza captures the story of our lives on an EP

Singer-songwriter Frizzell D’Souza talks about her newest single and upcoming EP, The Hills Know of You

Singer-songwriter Frizzell D’Souza talks about her newest single and upcoming EP, The Hills Know of You

Does one ever really fall out of affection? How is your love story totally different from mine? “ I’ll meet somebody and it received’t be you, We’ll develop previous collectively and I would recover from you…” goes the final line of Frizzell D’Souza’s lately launched single ‘Simply As Simply’.

The Bengaluru-based singer-songwriter says ‘Simply As Simply’ is the fifth tune on her upcoming EP, The Hills Know of You. To be launched on October 14, the EP follows the narrative of a traditional love story and was impressed by the individuals in Frizzell’s life.

“’Simply As Simply’ is about choosing your self up from a foul place and it took the longest time to write down as a result of I couldn’t work out finish the narrative. Someday, I used to be enjoying a few my songs to pals and one among them mentioned, ‘The whole EP sounds just like the story of my life.’ He went on to inform us a few lady he went out with in highschool, somebody he by no means actually received over. As time glided by, he realised he stored courting totally different variations of the identical particular person.”

For Frizzell, that confession helped her discover the right finish to the EP. “I co-wrote this tune throughout my structure internship with my boss on the time, Arpith Mathew. By way of the musicality and manufacturing, we wished to maintain it mild hearted and uplifting. The tune carries the sound of strings by Shravan Sridhar and I produced it with Varun Murali, the lead guitarist with Swarathma, and The City Weaver.”

Whereas the storyboard of the EP is a traditional love story, Frizzell says she wished to specific how one love story could be advised in so many various methods. “Each particular person goes by way of the identical story in several methods — the best way you meet an individual, the place you fall in love, your coping mechanisms for a breakup — each single a part of a love story could be so totally different for everybody and that’s how I put all of those songs collectively.”

The 5 new tracks have been by no means meant to be a part of an EP, says Frizzell who admits they have been composed in no specific order. Whereas there are visuals for each tune on the EP, a music video which continues to be within the works, is most certainly to return out by early subsequent yr.

“I knew I wished an instrumental piece, however couldn’t work out what it was going to be. Varun steered strings and Shravan Sridhar who used to play for Pineapple Specific composed a violin half,” says Frizzell, speaking about ‘Simply As Simply.’

Frizzell D’Souza

Frizzell D’Souza
| Photograph Credit score: Particular Association

“The concept of an interlude is about being at a standstill, if you don’t need life to be rushed — you simply need to take a second to cease and breathe. We put a pattern of a clock ticking in it, which ended up changing into the beat of one other observe. We felt it was acceptable for the idea of the tune.”

“My first three songs have been meant to be singles with their very own sound by way of the musicality. The primary one was positively an experiment, a Blues-Rock form of a tune. With the second, I turned a bit extra acoustic and laid again by way of the devices used. With ‘Silly As soon as Once more’, launched in the course of the second wave of COVID-19, I felt it was the form of songwriting that greatest suited me.”

“The EP picks up on that ballad-like tone with plenty of acoustic guitar and string, with minimal beats. I had focussed on bettering my tune writing, determining put 5 songs collectively and making them sound like they’re part of the identical album. I’m fairly assured of how trustworthy it’s by way of the tune writing that got here out of me; it feels prefer it’s purely me.”

Whereas the title observe got here out on September 30, the whole EP comprising the remaining three songs was out on October 14.



from ADB News https://ift.tt/BaHJ3iy
via TechMob

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home